The Ghana Psychology Council has officially banned loudmouth ‘Counsellor’ George Lutterodt from providing counselling services on all television and radio stations in the country henceforth.
In addition, the Council has also warned George Lutterodt to without delay, stop calling or holding himself as a ‘counsellor’.
- READ ALSO: Prophet Badu Kobi’s Church members have stopped paying tithes. He blames Akufo-Addo (See Video)
Primarily, in Ghana the title ‘counsellor’ can be used by only professionals who have the requisite qualification and who have dully registered with the Ghana Psychology Council. But it appears Mr. Lutterodt does not meet any of these conditions.
It is against the law for an individual without the proper qualifications to hold him/herself out as a counsellor, thus Lutterodt is contravening the laws of Ghana by presenting himself as ‘Counsellor Lutterodt’.
‘The [Health Professions Regulatory Bodies Act] stipulates in Section 140 that a person who does not have the requisite qualification and who is not registered with the Council but willfully and falsely uses any name, title or in addition implying a qualification of practice as a psychologist (or counsellor); and practices or professes to practice psychology of which include counselling or receives payment to provide psychological services commits an offence and is punishable by law,’ the Registrar of the Council said in a letter addressed to Mr. Lutterodt.
The Council has also served notices to all media houses not to engage the services of ‘Counsellor Lutterodt.’ Further to this, any media house that goes against this directive ‘commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of not less than two hundred and fifty penalty units and not more than five thousand penalty units or to a term of imprisonment of not more than ten years or both’ subject to Section 140(c), 140(e) under Part IV of the Health Professions Regulatory Bodies Act, 2013 (Act 857).
Seriously speaking, George Lutterodt sounded more of a comedian than a real counsellor.
Check out some of the trending funny marriage and relationship quotes attributed to him.
1. ‘A man’s money runs the home but a woman’s money is for her.’
2. ‘When a National Service Person proposes to marry a woman, that lady should report him to the nearest Police Station.’
3. ‘If you are a woman and you date one man for more than two weeks then there is something wrong with you.’
4. ‘If a man has reached the stage of marriage and his mother and father are afraid to tell him to go and marry, both parents are witches and wizards.’
5. ‘If you are a beautiful woman and you walk around and men are afraid to ask you out or hit on you, buy a big mirror and fix it in your room and cry.’
You may add your favourite quote Counsellor Lutterodt in the COMMENT space below this article.
ATTENTION: Read the full statement from the Ghana Psychology Council below.