ADVERTISEMENT
Friday, December 9, 2022
">
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Check Out The Free Laptops Akufo-Addo Is Sharing To All Ghanaian Teachers

ADVERTISEMENT

To improve the quality of education, government in agreement with some teacher unions, Education Ministry and Ghana Education Service (GES) have procured laptops for Ghanaian teachers in kindergarten up to senior high school levels.

The initiative dubbed, ‘One Teacher One Laptop’ was launched by Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia in September 2021.

Under the ‘One Teacher One Laptop initiative’, teachers will bear 30% of the cost while government absorbs the remaining 70% of some 280,000 computers being supplied by a local technology company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Though a good initiative, two teacher associations want the contract to be abrogated citing breaches of the procurement process.

They further contend that the laptops, some of which already distributed are not fit for purpose.

They challenged their leaders to provide them with quality laptops if they are compulsorily being made to pay GHS 509.00 for the gadget.

ADVERTISEMENT

The capacity and specifications of the ‘One Teacher One Laptop’ initiative are listed as follows:

1.Battery-3.7V (6-8hours)

ADVERTISEMENT

Related Posts

Next Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More Stories

Click here
1
More news. Join our WhatsApp group
https://kasatintin.com